Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 9018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Am installing my OfficeJet 9018 that I just purchased today for HOME USE. Now my Chrome browser says that "Your browser is managed by your organization" but I have NO organization. What did the HP installation process do and how do I undo it?

Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

From chrome://policy/ I think(?) it is this that might be causing this as this policy does not exist on my other laptop which I have not yet installed this new printer...

• Policy Name - PrintPreviewUseSystemDefaultPrinter
  • Policy value - true
  • Source - Platform
  • Applies to - Machine
  • Level - Mandatory
  • Status - OK
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@FriedaD 
Thanks for your feedback,

Unfortunately, it is not possible otherwise to remove the status "Your browser is managed by your organization".

Please open the notepad and then copy/paste the following:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google]

Then, please save it with the ".reg" file extension.

Double-click on the previously created file, then on Yes, on Yes and finally on OK.

Restart the computer.

Wouldn't you have installed security software (e.g. HP Client Security)?
If, for example, HP Client Security is installed on your computer, it is this software that puts this policy for Google Chrome.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@FriedaD 

Hello,

To resolve this issue, please follow the following procedure:

1. Close the Chrome browser.
  2. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  3. Type regedit, then tap Enter and Yes. The registry editor opens.
  4. Develop HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, Policies, and select Google.
  5. Click with the right mouse button on Google, then Delete and Yes.
  6. On the keyboard, tap the Windows flag and the X button simultaneously.
  7. Click Command Prompt (admin), then Yes.
  8. Type gpupdate /force, then tap Enter.
  9. Open Google Chrome and check if it is still managed by an organization.
    Normally, this should no longer be the case.

Don't hesitate to ask us if you need us.

Kind regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Why do I have to go to RegEdit?

What part of the HP printer install process put this PrintPreviewUseSystemDefaultPrinter policy into my system?

How do I avoid this "policy" from being installed on my other laptop when I install the new printer software onto it?

I am always VERY VERY VERY nervous about editing the registry as I've messed up my entire windows install by following someone's directions once. Isn't there another way to fix this incredibly blatant issue that HP caused when I simply followed its instructions to set-up my new printer?

HP Recommended

@FriedaD 

Unfortunately, it is not possible otherwise to remove the status "Your browser is managed by your organization".

Please open the notepad and then copy/paste the following:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google]

Then, please save it with the ".reg" file extension.

Double-click on the previously created file, then on Yes, on Yes and finally on OK.

Restart the computer.

Wouldn't you have installed security software (e.g. HP Client Security)?
If, for example, HP Client Security is installed on your computer, it is this software that puts this policy for Google Chrome.

Best regards,

HP Recommended

I did NOT install HP Client Security, nor can I find it installed on my laptop.

All I did was to follow the enclosed instructions to install the OfficeJet 9018 printer software by going to 123.hp.com (as told to do so on the printed instructions).

How do I avoid getting this policy installed on my other laptop that will be using this printer?

HP Recommended

@FriedaD 

Okay!

Therefore, I recommend you contact HP customer Support to resolve this drawback.

Best regards,

HP Recommended

I ran your regedit file and it removed the policy. But I still don't know how it got there from the printer software installation instructions.

Is there any residual "policy" whatever left on my laptop?

How do I avoid getting that installed on my other laptop when I install the printer software on it?

HP Recommended

Therefore, I recommend you contact HP customer Support to resolve this drawback. So that it does the necessary and warn the developer of the complete software and drivers of your printer.

Best regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.