Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Scanjet G3110

Hi,

I need to invoke scanning from my Java application.

Then get a byte array of the scanned image from the scanner for further processing.

Could you please provide a Java Interface with which I can provide scan commands to the scanner and get the byte array of the scanned image?

It will also be very help if you could please provide instructions or steps which I can follow and invoke the scanner from my Java program using USB ports or WIFI networks and get the data (in byte array) of the scan .

Thanks ,

Susmit

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SushmitK

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you tried HP Smart App? HP Smart for mobile devices to print, copy, scan, troubleshoot printer issues, and set up a printer on a wireless network.Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640 to  Install and Use the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS, iPadOS)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

Thank you for the reply.

Please find below a brief description about what I want to achieve.

My objective is as follows:

1. Create a Java-8 API/program.
  2. Above program should be able to identify the url/port to which the scanner is listening.
  3. After identifying the scanner, my Java program should be able to send commands to the scanner and the commands should be successfully interpreted by the scanner.
  4. Based on the above commands the scanner must start scanning, return the byte array of the scanned image back to my Java program and successfully stop scanning after the complete byte array has been received by my Java Program.

What I expect from HP :

1. Provide a Java API/interface/driver with which my Java program can interact and perform all the above mentioned actions.
  2. Should be compatible with Java-8 and above.
  3. The Java API/Interface/driver must be compatible with all HP Scanners (old/current/future versions)
  4. If the above is not possible what are the other alternatives can HP make available to us with which my Java program can control the scanner.
    1. If it is not possible for HP to give a driver, how can they help us make a drive on our own.

Regards,

Susmit

HP Recommended

@SushmitK

Thank you for posting back.

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to reach out to our HP Smart Friend Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Smart Friend Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.