Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro L7590
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to install the driver (OJ_AIO_L7X00_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5) it fails during the "Preparing System for Installation" phase with the message, "C:\users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS5D64\Setup\devicedisconnect.exe -dis..." (I cannot read the remainder of the message since it appears in the title bar of a fixed size window).

When I run Print & Scan Doctor 5.0, it finds the printer and says that the, "Full software solution is not installed in this computer", which of course it isn't.

This printer/scanner worked well under Windows 7 but I no longer have a Windows 7 system.  With the default Windows 10 driver I can print but not scan.

Does the "disconnect.exe ..." error indicate a hardware problem with the printer?  Or something else?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GaryWB59

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand the HP L7590 Driver Installation fails with device disconnect,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

Have you attempted to install the latest version of the printer drivers & software for the windows 10 OS?

if you have and it failed, please try using the below steps & links:

• Using your printer with the full feature HP software
  • Using the built-in Windows print driver
  • Printing from the Edge web browser
  • Printing photos
  • Workarounds for apps without a print option (Sticky Notes or Screen sketch)

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

Keep me posted,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have you attempted to install the latest version of the printer drivers & software for the windows 10 OS?

• What I was attempting to install was the full feature HP software that I downloaded directly from the HP site (and, therefore, presumably the latest).

if you have and it failed, please try using the below steps & links:

• Using your printer with the full feature HP software
  • The attempt to install full feature HP software was the very thing that failed with devicedisconnect.  So I might be misunderstanding what you are asking here ...
  • Using the built-in Windows print driver
  • Printing works with the built-in Windows driver (version 10.0.14393.0 dated 21/06/2006).  I cannot scan however.

• Printing from the Edge web browser
  • Printing works fine

• Printing photos
  • Printing works fine

• Workarounds for apps without a print option (Sticky Notes or Screen sketch)
  • Don't really need workarounds for printing.  I do need to find a way to restore scanning facility.  I am not sure what a work around for that would look like.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

• For what it's worth, this link is a 404 ...

HP Recommended

@GaryWB59

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts to clarify. 😉

That said, does the copier still work? to ensure the scanner works as a stand alone?

If it doesn't, that would confirm a hardware malfunction, hence you could attempt the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

If it does, follow the below steps:

Since you are using the built-in drivers, it's possible that it only supports the drivers for print but not scan, hence you could do a root level removal of the existing drivers:

I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s")

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

Then, retry the installation of the full feature software and any firmware updates that are available: Click here

You may then restart the computer and try the below steps:

Step 1: Restart the computer and printer

Restarting the computer and printer can restore a lost scan connection.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Make sure the printer power cord connects directly to an electrical outlet and not through a surge protector or power strip.

3. Close all running programs on your computer then shut down the computer.

4. Turn on the printer.

5. Turn on the computer.

6. Try to scan.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS (not sure why the last link was broken, but I've double checked this one and it should work).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.