Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet M1130 MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have this LaserJet M1132 MFP Printer which I use with a Windows 7 PC but now want to use it with a windows 10 PC so i downloaded the driver from the internet and started the setup. After the setup ran for sometime it asked me to connect the printer, so I did. No response, the setup is still asking me to connect the printer.

I tried:

1. Restarting the printer 
  2. Redoing the setup
  3. Restarting my laptop
  4. Made sure the cable is properly connected to the printer and laptop

Note: Since my laptop is all USB-C and the the Printer's cable is USB-A I use a dongle to connect my PC to the Printer, i don't know if this is relevant.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BigAli, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The printer driver for HP LaserJet Pro M1132 Multifunction Printer for Win 10 OS is not available on HP Support site.

Disconnect the USB cable, try installing the printer driver for Win 7 OS on your Win 10 PC. Click here to download the file.

Connect the cable when prompted by the software.

If the issue persists, install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BigAli, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The printer driver for HP LaserJet Pro M1132 Multifunction Printer for Win 10 OS is not available on HP Support site.

Disconnect the USB cable, try installing the printer driver for Win 7 OS on your Win 10 PC. Click here to download the file.

Connect the cable when prompted by the software.

If the issue persists, install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I downloaded the driver but got the same reaction, absolutely no response. Out of absolute desperation I tried connecting it to another Port and Voila!! it worked, apparently each usb-C port has specific properties, who would've guessed?  Anyways thank you for replying and sorry for wasting your time. 

HP Recommended

@BigAli

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.