Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw CF379A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

I can't use my LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw CF379A printer normally since I upgraded its firmware to the latest version 20190712. Now most of my PCL fonts are printed like in economy mode where you can see a sharp border line of each symbol but inside the line each symbol is unfilled. I reset all printer settings and installed latest driver version but still having the same result. When I'm printing text as a picture it comes out all fine. Please help me to find a previous firmware version so I could rollback.

Thank you.

--

Konstantin

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have in my archive firmware version 20160921 for M477 series Windows 7 64.

I used my test printer M477fdn first to upgrade to latest version 20190712 and then downgrade to 20160921 and downgrade works.

If you want I have uploaded it to my google drive here. You are downgrading your device on your own risk, HP doesn't recommend downgrading firmware.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi Valsimot,

Thank you very much for your reply. I was able to downgrade my printer firmware but unfortunately this is not fixed my problem. I believe that you are having much more experience with a printers than I do. Below I made a photo of a Diagnostic Page where you can see the problem with the fonts. Can it be the issue with the other printer components like high-voltage power supply for example?

Diagnostics PageDiagnostics Page

HP Recommended

You are having something black toner related, it could be something simple as defective toner cartridge, and next more complicated like high voltage, toner contacts, transfer belt, black laser...

The first step I would be trying is a different black toner cartridge that is the easiest.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.