Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 6540
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The problem occured while printing a graphic image from a file.  The graphic image is multiple pages and I clicked the close button while the first of 4 pages was successfully printing.  That's it.  I've tried everything to get rid of the error message but nothing works.  Everytime I try a new image to print, it goes into the queue and then stops with "ERROR" on screen.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tedward1

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that left cartridge light is blinking on HP Deskjet 6540 printer. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

Remove, inspect, and reseat the problem cartridge.

Clean the problem cartridge contacts.

• Open the printer lid and wait until the print cartridge carriage stops moving.
  • Remove the cartridge and place it on a piece of paper with the nozzle plate facing up.
  • Unplug the printer.
  • Dip a swab in the clean water, then squeeze it to remove most of the moisture. The swab should be only slightly damp.
  • Clean the print cartridge contacts. Do not touch the nozzles.
  • Clean the contacts in the print carriage, inside the printer.
  • Either let the cartridge sit for ten minutes to allow the cleaned area to dry, or use a new swab to dry it.
  • Reinstall the cartridge, plug the printer back in, and close the printer cover.

Click here and refer the document to follow these troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.