01-21-2020 04:28 PM - edited 01-21-2020 04:29 PM
Hi just had a new modem from SKY, and now when trying to print, I get ERROR print not listed, silly me I uninstalled the HP printer, and could not find my install CD, so am now stuck with a printer thats no good, any help would be very much apprecitated, theWelshman2.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-24-2020 04:12 AM
@thewelshman2, Welcome to HP Support Community!
I understand you uninstalled the printer software on your computer and would want to install it again. There could be remains of the installed drivers, I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee