Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet M1212nf MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My M1212nf MFP full software was working over my network fine on my 64 bit Windows 10 Lenovo T530 until the OS got corrupted.  I had to restore the OS, which took out the printer applications.  The printer driver installed with no problem so I can print, but I need the full app to scan.  When I try to install the full app, it donloads with no problem.  I have tried running the install program as a user and as the admin.  The install program extracts 100% of the files and then just quits.

I used Task Manager, and all I could see was HP webpack running while the files are being extracted.  After the files are extracted, HP webpack goes away and I don't see any processes that look like install process running.  It's like it uppacks and then quits.

Any suggestions on how to get this software installed on my PC again?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem as Mark above after installing Win 10 clean on two machines and dowloading the indicated .exe.  Scanning was not working on either.  Turns out the issue is that that software does not install drivers for the scanner, duh!?!

Issue was solved following this suggestion  , which installs the drivers and the old Scan-To software.

"Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.

Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Double click HpSetup.exe, follow the installation and check for any difference."

You guys are useless. 

Jack

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
HP Recommended

@mark0ls0n,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I see that you are having issues while installing the LaserJet printer on your Windows 10 system. I would recommend a clean install of your printer as suggested below:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
  • Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
  • Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Printer”  – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device".
  • Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
  • Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.
  • Now restart your computer again.
  • Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
  • Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
  • Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
  • Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well.
  • Click on  HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads and install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable only when prompted.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was able to do what you suggested above, except for the deletion of the temporary files, etc.  I get a bit nervous about downloading products found with a general search.  A suggested app or two would be appreciated.

The same symptoms happened.  However, I did notice that, after following your steps, a printer called "HP LaserJet Mono PCLmS Class Driver" appeared in my Device Manager printer list.    Also a device type called "WSD Print Provider" appeared with a device called "NPIB785(HP LaserJet Professional M1212nf MFP)" appearing under that.  Under the Print queues device type, "NPIB785(HP LaserJet Professional M1212nf MFP)" also appeared.

I do not see the Imaging Devices type on the Device Manager list.

BTW, my printer is attached to my network via an ethernet cable and it has a fixed IP address.  It will print, so it appears at least some drivers got installed.

I appreciate your attempts to help.  Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

HP Recommended

@mark0ls0n,

I am happy for you. As @Jeet_singh is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf. I am glad that the issue got fixed.

Please mark @Jeet_singh's post as an accepted solution as several others will also benefit and also give him a Kudos for his efforts to help.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My problem is NOT solved.  The printer has worked no problem.  I still can't install the printer app which allows me to use the MFP as a scanner, nor can I use any of the other apps.

HP Recommended

Hi @mark0ls0n, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned you still have issues using printer assistant to scan from your printer.

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

• Please follow all the relevant steps from this link: http://hp.care/2CgK6NC and follow the instructions in the option "Are other scanning apps or methods available?"
  • You can use the HP scan and capture app for scanning or the HP smart app. These will suffice. You don't need to bother with HP printer assistant.
  • This link: http://hp.care/2CjHQ8o shows you how to download, install and use HP smart appwith FAQs

Also, try the steps recommended below.

HP Scan Extended

For Windows:   HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Please mark my post as accepted solution if you feel I have answered your query.

Let me know if this works!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Neither the HP scan and capture app nor the HP Scan extended app will work.

The first is the error message I get when I try to scan with the HP scan and capture app.  the second is the error message I get when I try to open the HP scan extended app:

image.pngimage.png

HP Recommended

@mark0ls0n, Thanks for your quick response and time again.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Please try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Add Imaging Devices Manually
Hold the Windows Key and Press R.
Type hdwwiz.cpl and Click OK
Click Action and choose Add Legacy Hardware
Click Next, and choose “Install the hardware that i manually select from the list” and click Next, scroll down to choose Imaging Devices and Click Next.
Locate the missing device through the manufacturer’s tab and add it.

1. The first thing that you need to do is to confirm that your scanner is detected and listed in device manager. Press WIN+R to bring up the Run window.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
Read More: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-fix-unable-to-install-scanner-or-imaging-devices-due-to-registry-...
3. The Device Manager should now run, check for yellow exclamation mark on the device listed under Imaging devices.
4. If your scanner is detected and has a yellow exclamation mark like the screenshot above, double click or right click and select Properties on the device.

5. Go to the Details tab and select “Class lower filters” from the Property drop down menu. If you see a value such as lvmvdrv, it would mean that you’ve previously installed and uninstalled a Logitech webcam and the uninstaller did a bad job in leaving a redundant entry in registry.
Read More: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-fix-unable-to-install-scanner-or-imaging-devices-due-to-registry-...
Before deleting the bad registry entry that is causing the code 19 error, it is best to make a backup first.

6. Press WIN+R, type regedit and click OK.

7. Navigate to the following registry path:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

8. Right click on the registry folder at the left pane, select Export and save the registry file to your hard drive.

Delete Corrupted LowerFilters
9. At the same registry path, look for LowerFilters at the right pane, right click and select Delete. Click Yes to confirm deleting the LowerFilters registry value.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, try connecting your printer to a different PC and check if it helps.

Please mark my post as accepted solution if you feel I have answered your query.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I made it to where I was supposed to locate the missing device through the manufacturer's tab.  The only manufacturers' tabs I see is Kyocera, Microsoft and Xerox.

I looked for where the app installer package extracted the files to, but I was unable to find anything that looked like M1212 drivers.  I tired to find the drivers online, but the only thing I can find is the application download for my Windows 10 64-bit PC, so I can't even install the drivers manually.

Sorry to be such a pain, but I really need my scanning app.

Thanks again for all of your attempts so far.

Mark

HP Recommended

@mark0ls0n

It looks like the last person you were interacting with @A4Apollo is out for the day (Honestly, I'm not sure where he's, because the new season isn't even exciting, anymore 😛 ) that said, I'll be glad to help you out, hey! I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

Since most of the steps are already done, I'll give you a few steps that should fix this (it's now or never, bear with me) and here they are:

• Start with creating a new user profile on your windows 10 (Administrator account),
  • If that doesn't do the trick, next steps is to: disable the firewall and then install the scanning software using the links/steps provided by the first tech @Jeet_singh and here's the link to re-direct to his post for your ease of access: https://hp.care/2rXbFDL

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.