Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yes it did work for me.  I am super happy.  I gave you kudos and accepted the answer.

Thanks again!  You are way better than the HP guys...

HP Recommended

Hi.  I have never posted to a community before. 
I am not sure how I am going to know if anyone responds.

I got a new computer with Windows 10.

I down loaded the driver https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-m1212nf-multifunction-printer-serie...

This program extracted and then did nothing.

Then I go to Printers and Scanners systems settings.

It finds the printer but says that it cant get the driver.

I found
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04658195
which lists which printers are compatible with Windows 10.
hp-laserjet-pro-m1212nf-multifunction-printer-
Is not listed.

I found the page

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/M1212nf-MFP-full-software-install-fails-o...

I did its long list of things to do.

Any thoughts?
Change operating systems?
I dont want to buy a new printer! I like my printer.
Thanks Jeff  [edit]

HP Recommended

Read this thread carefully and follow what Jack says. You should be able to get it working.  It worked for me.

HP Recommended

This solved my problem. Thank you @

@Jack135 wrote:

I had the exact same problem as Mark above after installing Win 10 clean on two machines and dowloading the indicated .exe.  Scanning was not working on either.  Turns out the issue is that that software does not install drivers for the scanner, duh!?!

Issue was solved following this suggestion  , which installs the drivers and the old Scan-To software.

"Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.

Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Double click HpSetup.exe, follow the installation and check for any difference."

You guys are useless. 

Jack

Jack135.

HP Recommended

my m1212nf is on an ethernet network so unplugging USB cables does nothing for me

It started with scan and print doctor telling me to delete my installed drivers

When i download the newest driver it startes to un pac them and then nothing happens

HP Recommended

My printer is on a wired Ethernet segment too.  Just read and follow Jack's suggestions above and it should work for you too.

HP Recommended

Holy Jesus, this was the simple answer after I lost two days of my life struggling with this very issue?

Quick question?  Why is technology going backwards?  These things used to be simple and did not cost me days and weeks of anguish and stewing in seething, boiling, cauldron of rage.

HP Recommended

I suspect HP would rather we go buy new MFPs rather than continue using old ones...

HP Recommended

I was just given this printer by my parents, which worked great for them.  After calling HP Tech support, I was told this printer no longer works with Windows 10, which is what I have.  Isn't there some way around this?  It's a perfectly great printer!

HP Recommended

My  M1212nf MFP is now working on Windows 10.

I down loaded and double clicked on the the driver from HP.
Nothing happened and the printer still did not work.

Then my friend noticed that if I went to the file browser under "this computer"

along with C: drive and such was something that looked like a new drive but was the printer driver.
Clicking on that made it all work.

Good luck Jeff

I do like the printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.