Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (123 Views)

M1212nf drivers unrecognized on reboot

Product Name: HP LaserJet Professional M1210 MFP Series
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

We have a number of employees having independent but similar issues with their MF1212nf printers. At first, we had reports of the scanner not working. When they use "Scan To" it says "Cannot communicate with scanner!". I was able to resolve the issue by having the users uninstall drivers, reboot, wipe temp boot, and reinstall the "Full Software Solution" drivers from the HP site (LJM1130_M1210_MFP_Full_Solution). This fixed the issue and both printing and scanning worked again.

This was a temporary fix, because the issue reoccurs daily. After rebooting the PC/printer, the following occurs:

printer.png

The printer driver is still installed under printer queues (Hewlett-Packard HP LaserJet Professional M1212nf MFP), however the actual printer functions themselves are being recognized as "Other devices" (HP EWS, HP FAX, HP SCAN). THe only solution is to uninstall the software from programs and features (or remove drivers from device manager) and reinstall. However this is a DAILY TASK and is not a fix.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (97 Views)

Re: M1212nf drivers unrecognized on reboot

Hi,

Please follow the HP Smart Install Control Utility below and disable HP Smart Install for both the printer and the PC:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL53553/Im-129228-1/LJM1130_M1210_SI_Utility.exe

Restart the PC and check, I believe that should resolve the problem.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :)
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (53 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

That seemed to have worked for me in testing. However I've had an employee contact me saying the same thing happened again:

"Scanner was gone again this morning. Deleted and re-installed drivers & it works now, however I ran the utility and self-install feature was already disabled."

It looks as though the printer has the smart install disabled from when he ran the utliity last and the issue still occurred.

Thoughts?

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (32 Views)

We have 5+ people still experiencing this issue. Do you have any other suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation