Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am running a LaserJet M277dw. We installed a new wireless router/system in the house. Since then I've struggled with multiple items. I had to reinstall drivers on both the laptops. 

I can print via USB cable. 

When I enter the wireless setup wizard to set up the new router/system it simply searches for networks and never identifies anything to connect to. 

I can't scan (flatbed or tray) to a computer via same USB cable. I can't scan to a USB. I utilized the onboard screen and tried to run it via the scan package from the new install. Neither one shows a connection to the same cable I can use to print with. 

I can't scan (flatbed or tray) to a USB stick plugged in. It doesn't recognize that a USB is plugged in. I verified both USB's I tried with a laptop. 

How do I fix this so it scans and connects to wireless?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DarkRose12

Welcome to HP support community.

Restore the printer settings to defaults

1. On the product control panel, touch the Setup button.

2. Scroll to and touch the Service menu.

3. Scroll to and touch the Restore Defaults button, and then touch the OK button.

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

Use the Wireless Setup Wizard to reconnect it to Wireless router.

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Connection Information icon (the icon might appear as Wireless  depending on your current setup), and then touch Wireless Menu.

2. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard. The printer searches for available wireless networks.

3. Touch the name of your network, and then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.