Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Mac OS Catalina 10.15
Other

Hi There,

Overnight, I upgraded my Mac OS to Catalina 10.15.  I went to install new drivers etc for my HP Officejet 5220, and got a message from HP they don't support the OS.  

Are there going to be driver updates etc released any time soon, for the Officejet 5220 on this OS? 

I can still print (for now?) but I'm unable to scan to or from my computer.

The printer was working great under Mojave 10.14, and had I known there would be these issues with my connected HP device, I probably would have held off on doing the upgrade.  Oh well, hindsight is 20/20!

If anyone can please help, I'd be most appreciative. 

Thanks Awesome People!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Beans_80, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The full-featured software for the printer is now available. You can download and install the software from here.

Also, try using the HP Smart App to scan. Refer to the document HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Mac) for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Beans_80, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The full-featured software for the printer is now available. You can download and install the software from here.

Also, try using the HP Smart App to scan. Refer to the document HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Mac) for help.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The update worked. Sort of. Yes, now the scanner is recognised, but the Easy Scan functionality still ( as of Dec 29 2019) doesn’t work, with varying error messages. 

HP Recommended

@Beans_80

I'm glad you got this issue resolved

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

But as of this morning, problematic. Easy Scan not functional. And random error messages when scanning from HP 5220 to Mac. 

HP Recommended

But as of this morning, problematic. Easy Scan not functional. And random error messages when scanning from HP 5220 to Mac. 

HP Recommended

Cant scan since the update... have tried everything HP told me its a Apple issue and Apple tells me its a HP issue they knew about this update was supposed to have a HP update for it.  I even thought about buying a new printer but from everything I read that wont help either 

HP Recommended

@angelak2, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand the inconvenience caused. I would recommend you to go through a similar post that speaks about the scanning issues after Mac OS update.

Also, try using the HP Smart App to scan. Refer to the document HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Mac) for help.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No they are not going to solve the problem because they don't care. 

Just replaced 20 HP printers in our office with Epson ones because of this problem.

HP you just lost market share and business 

But they really are not interested 

HP Recommended

This does not sort the problem and its definitely NOT solved. All this does is download software to confirm that they have not upgraded to 10.15 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.