Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8725

How long before and update for the printer with the new Mac operating software? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Graeme_hastings

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

HP OfficeJet Pro 8725 All-in-One Printer is compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. This printer is also AirPrint compatible. You may install the printer using the AirPrint driver to print and scan.

If you would like to use a HP app, use the HP Smart app to print and scan. Click here to download the app.

HP Easy Scan is not yet compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. We're actively working to restore complete functionality. I suggest using HP Smart app or Apple Image capture to scan from your MAC. Kindly refer to this document to know how. 

Refer to this document for more info on HP Easy Scan.

We do not have a turn around time as when the updated version will be released. HP will publish a document and a notification on the HP Support site.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Graeme_hastings

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

HP OfficeJet Pro 8725 All-in-One Printer is compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. This printer is also AirPrint compatible. You may install the printer using the AirPrint driver to print and scan.

If you would like to use a HP app, use the HP Smart app to print and scan. Click here to download the app.

HP Easy Scan is not yet compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. We're actively working to restore complete functionality. I suggest using HP Smart app or Apple Image capture to scan from your MAC. Kindly refer to this document to know how. 

Refer to this document for more info on HP Easy Scan.

We do not have a turn around time as when the updated version will be released. HP will publish a document and a notification on the HP Support site.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Kumar0307 for your help, Thank you

HP Recommended

@Graeme_hastings

Happy to help. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.