Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw

I just upgraded to MacOS 10.14 & my HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw can not print PDF's and images.

I downloaded the new software build for MacOS 10.14 for my HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw (Software updated : 24th Sept. 2018)

And it still would not print

what can I do ? I depend on my printer. Everything used to work fine before the upgrade.

There are people who have the same issue : 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8581728

Thanks in advance for any feedback 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I fixed the problem! 

I opened the URL of the printer 

On the home page, click reports and the Demo Page.

Now it prints pdf's , images, documents, everything! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I fixed the problem! 

I opened the URL of the printer 

On the home page, click reports and the Demo Page.

Now it prints pdf's , images, documents, everything! 

HP Recommended

@Louiseeeeeeeeee

Welcome back to HP Forums

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out and thanks for posting the Solution

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an HP Laserjet P3005 with full memory upgrade.  I can access it via internet, open its webpage and print PDF and JPG documents from an iMac running MacOS 10.7.5.  However, I can longer do this on my Macbook Pro upgraded to MacOS 10.14.  The 10.14 says it can not communicate with the printer via internet.  I connected it via USB and 10.14 sees it, will print but I get errors when printing PDF and JPG.   I have no problem printing PDF or JPG to my HP CM1415fwn all in one printer.  If I take the JPG or PDF and insert it into a LibreOffice write document I can print it the LibreOffice document.  I have the same problem on my HP Envy running Windows 10 and can't print JPG or PDF to the printer as I get an on screen error that it can't print the document.   Many minutes later the printer will print a page that says "PCL XL error; Subsystem: USERSTREAM, Error: MissingData, Operator: ReadImage, Position: 44.   I access the printer via static IP address.   Window 10 sees my HP CM1415 printer when asking to add the printer.  For the P3005 I have to add via static IP address.  Normal documents print from either computer.  Can you help me fix the problem so I can communicate with the printer and print PDF and JPG documents to the printer?    Archie Patterson

HP Recommended

I went into the printer set up and turned off IPv6 and then was able to open the printer page.  I then turned off IPX/SPX.  I am not able to see the networked printer in printer setup and I can print images and PDF files.  Thanks for posting information to help us out in the field.

HP Recommended

How do I open the URL of the printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.