Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro 400 MFP m425
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I think I am not alone in having problems using my LaserJet pro 400 with MacOS Catalina.

The problems I have been having are:-

(1) Using the HP Scan App I can't scan on the glass.flatbed. I just get the instruction to load the Document Feeder even when I have gone out of my way to select the Flatbed option!

(2) Printing PDF's is hit & miss. Sometimes the printer will print. However, even after I have turned on & off the printer (as suggested) I normally get Error 79 message & no document printed.  Also, when I say I manage to get a PDF printed it is only a partial success. I've so far only managed to get the printer to print one page of a range!

I have been using my printer for several years in the Windows environment without any problems. It is not the printer because I have just tested it using a Windows PC & it's not me, because, as I've stated, I know what I'm doing having used the Printer/Scanner for years in the Windows environment for years.  I'm beginning to wonder if I have made a mistake going from Windows to Apple Mac.

This seems a classic case where either Hp or Apple have not tested their latest software(s) adequately! Am I being paranoid in suspecting that HP concentrates on Windows because their WIndows App is far superior & easier to use than the Apple MacOS  APP.

Incidentally, I have downloaded several times the HP Driver to see if that would resolve the problem. No difference at all.

Please, either Apple or HP get their act together.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.