Richard1985
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MacOS & HP Printer/Scanner Compatibility Issues

Laserjet Pro 400 MFP m425
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I think I am not alone in having problems using my LaserJet pro 400 with MacOS Catalina.

The problems I have been having are:-

(1) Using the HP Scan App I can't scan on the glass.flatbed. I just get the instruction to load the Document Feeder even when I have gone out of my way to select the Flatbed option!

(2) Printing PDF's is hit & miss. Sometimes the printer will print. However, even after I have turned on & off the printer (as suggested) I normally get Error 79 message & no document printed.  Also, when I say I manage to get a PDF printed it is only a partial success. I've so far only managed to get the printer to print one page of a range!

I have been using my printer for several years in the Windows environment without any problems. It is not the printer because I have just tested it using a Windows PC & it's not me, because, as I've stated, I know what I'm doing having used the Printer/Scanner for years in the Windows environment for years.  I'm beginning to wonder if I have made a mistake going from Windows to Apple Mac.

This seems a classic case where either Hp or Apple have not tested their latest software(s) adequately! Am I being paranoid in suspecting that HP concentrates on Windows because their WIndows App is far superior & easier to use than the Apple MacOS  APP.

Incidentally, I have downloaded several times the HP Driver to see if that would resolve the problem. No difference at all.

Please, either Apple or HP get their act together.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation