Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OK, as I said in the subject it was working. I have another thread where I first discovered the problem (couldn't see the INK LEVEL) where I basically solved by doing a re-install (which did work). See https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-Toolbox-0x83e8e8fc-error-on-HP-7855/m-p/7276282 for some details.

Today I discovered I could NOT print? I was able to use the printer icon to open something that allowed me to print a test page, but I still couldn't print? The printer is connected wirelessly to my router.

As I said in the other thread, I'm on W10 V1903 Home version. My wife's PC is on the same W10 release but a Pro version. She can PRINT, but I can't?

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, reset the printer, and some other stuff... and NOTHING will complete the printer reinstall now?

So I got the EASY INSTALLER and gave it a try:

Capture10.JPG

It had NO problem discovering my printer on the LAN with the correct IP Address.Capture11.JPG

Had no problem determining what s/w to get (same as I had gotten the other day).

Capture12.JPGCapture13.JPG

Yup, same one...

Capture14.JPG

Almost instantly, the error appears.

Look for hints via GOOGLE it seems it could be related to some files that are locked. HPZipm12.dll and HPZinw12.dll, was able to delete those, so it couldn't be them?

At this point I used PRINTUI.EXE /S and see it may have partially installed the printer?

Capture15.JPG

I have UNINSTALLED, REINSTALLED, booted PC many times, nothing seems to work? Can't find a TOOL that is reliable to remove every last bit of the old install as I suspect some remnant is doing me in?

Suggestions?

I've seem many posts with 2753 errors, but nothing so far seems to be a fix for me?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Any one???

I messed around enough with this. Need to Print. So I restored my C: drive to the last backup I had before I started playing with this.

So I'm back to the Toolbox error (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-Toolbox-0x83e8e8fc-error-on-HP-7855/m-p/7277172#M82... ).

How can I get past this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.