Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
5640 all in one printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My 5640 printer will print when connected by usb cable but won’t print over the network. I have run network diagnostics on my computer and it’s saying ‘computer correctly configured but the device or resource is not responding’ 

i have downloaded HP Scan doctor but that hasn’t worked either. I don’t know if it’s a case of different IP addresses ? Please help if you can, thank you 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Junesst,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

• The WiFi router that you have is that a dual-band router(having both 2.4Ghz network and 5GHz network)?
  • Do you use any extenders for the WiFi?
  • Do you have any security software or antivirus installed on your PC? have you tried disabling it and print?

Let's try these steps:

Step 1: Check the Network connection

• On the printer control panel, touch the WiFi icon and check the network to which the printer is connected.
  • On the PC, check if it is connected to the same network as the printer.
  • Make sure the PC and printer are on the same network.

Step 2: Run Ping Test

• Obtain the Printer's IP address by touching the WiFi icon.
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
  • Type cmd and hit ok

https://lithium-response-prod.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/hpcsc.response.lithium.com/RESPONSEIMAGE/22cd6f14-0560-4d37-8d66-355a8d550c0d.default.JPG

• A command prompt window(black screen) would open up
  • Type "ping the IP address of your printer" for example: "ping 192.168.1.3" and hit the enter key.
  • Run the ping test and share the results

Also, try printing from the printer EWS page

• Obtain the Printer's IP address by touching the WiFi icon.
  • Open a Web browser like chrome, firefox or Microsoft Edge
  • Type the IP address of the printer on the browser's address bar and hit the Enter key.

• The Printer's EWS page opens

• Go to Tools and select 'Print Self Test Page'
  • Check if that prints.

Let me know what happens. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.