Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP Laserjet 2055DN displays a firmware error message:  B0605

The printer and computer are connected via a USB cable and are "seeing" each other, when the printer is switched off the computer recognizes this and makes the "device unplugged" sound.

I have downloaded the 2050 firmware update and put the printer in Bootcode mode

When I then run the "send firmware" the software seems to complete and the smiley graphic comes up but nothing happens. The printer does not acknowledge the update or change messages.

The error code continues to remain current so I cannot use the printer.

As this is my main business printer this is quite inconvenient.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Yours sincerely
John Edmiston

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I know this is an old post, but because it ranks so high in google and I feel I have a solution, I thought I would answer it.

I had a users with an HP P2055DN who's printer displayed the error B0605 message. I followed HP's directions at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01687323&lang=en&cc=us&conte...

and put the printer in BootCode mode then ran the firmware updater.

The directions indicated that the printer would restart on it's own, but it did not do that for me (and I feel many other people on the Internet according to what I could pull up on Google).

What I did was let the printer sit for about a minute after the Firmware Updater said it was done, then powered down the printer and pulled out it's power cord. I let it sit for about 15 seconds, then plugged it back in and started it up. When the printer started up, the printer's display went through a bunch of messages (Erasing...) for a few seconds. When it got done with all of the messages, I was able to print to the printer again.

I hope this helps someone down the road.

HP Recommended

My HP 2055DN displays a firmware error B0605 error message

HP Recommended

@vishalsgpgi - I may not be the most proficient in commercial LaserJets, but if you have a firmware error B0605, the link in the previous post is an amazing document.  Did you follow those instructions and are you are still experiencing the error message?  I strongly recommend reading through the entire document and trying its suggestions.  Plus, if you would like some more assistance, I will do my best to help you but I will need to know a lot more information like what kind of computer are you printing from (Windows 7 64 bit, Mac OS, etc)?  How is the printer connected (USB, wireless, or ethernet)?  When did this start happening? 

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

Specs:

- HP Laserjet P2055dn

- Installed drivers to Windows 7, 32-bit

- Error Code given by HP Printer:  B0605

- Downloaded newest firmware update from HP.com tech support site

- Here's the website in which I downloaded the firmware update - http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=3662058&sp...

- Connect printer USB, specified it as the USB port in the printer properties as well

- Booted up printer while pressing "OK" and "Cancel" as suggested

- Ran update

- During installation, it says on printer interface that it is "Downloading update"

- Afterwards I get "Bad FLASH Burn Power Cycle"

Any help on this?  I cannot get this printer up and running.  It's relatively new as well, but somehow isn't under warranty.

I sent an email to HP.com as well, but am still awaiting reply.  (Attached is the firmware update that I tried)

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
Extract the exe with 7zip or other application. Then swap the names of the two bin files and then run the firmware update utility again.
Hope this helps someone as I did the today after much searching.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.