Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
HP 6525 CX018A
Has been offline, I have followed all directions I can find to correct. Also uninstalled and reinstalled it. What next?
@LindaAnn1, Welcome to HP Support Community!
This could be due to the connectivity or the drivers installed. Let us try to isolate and resolve the issue-
You may need to instead go into your router settings and try changing the channel manually. Experiment with different channels to see which one works best.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printer connectivity issues.
For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Assign manual IP to the printer
The steps on how to set a manual IP address can be found here.
For the DNS servers please use 184.108.40.206 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 220.127.116.11 for the Alternate DNS server. These are Google’s public DNS servers
If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
8). Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer.
Add a TCP/IP port.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
TEJ1602 I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community