Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2050A
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi. Can anyone pls assist? I've owned the printer for roughly 3 years, had it up and running just 2 days ago when suddenly it went down with an unexpected cartridge circuitry damage which had me uninstalling the whole printer, unplugging it and taking it to the lab where it was recovered through replacing the cartridge and some cleaning, and now back home - I have reinstalled, re-plugged everything and seeing the printer is well-identified by the comp I am attempting to send documents to print and the printer won't respond, with the OS Devices and Printers's "What is Printing" line remaining empty, like... so weird and random.. And now, adding to it, strangely enough when I disconnect the data cord from the printer's back, and try again send a print from the computer, the print order is this time there in the "What is Printing" line on my screen!! Of course it wont actually process any printing.. - i.e. when I connect the data cord back to the printer, that line blanks-away, briefly suggesting the document is being "printed"... What the ...! What's wrong here? There is paper, there is (new) ink, there's everything; and no error message whatsoever (and scanning works FLAWLESS, just as photocopying). Help SadNeed to print..
Many thanks!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Orrling

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Deskjet 2050A printer. I understand that the printer does not respond when you print and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

• Use an automatic tool to remove the print driver.
  • Remove the print drivers manually.
  • Uninstall the HP product.
  • Remove the drivers and the driver package
  • Install the latest software from the HP website.

Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps mentioned above to fix this issue.

(Note: though the title of the document is different, these steps should fix the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey thank you very much for your response! 🙂 I can tell you that my issue's been attended by users of the CNET Forum (where I've posted this concern at the same time posting it here) just a couple hours earlier than your reply on here, and currently my little printer is back at work and is appearing healthy. I will Kudos you for this good-will response however. Cheers!

/o

HP Recommended

@Orrling

Thanks for the reply.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.