09-12-2019 07:40 AM
My power went out for a short period of time. Now that it's back on my Envoy 5055 is acting like it has a mind of it's own. Constantly shutting down then rebooting back up. It's wired to an HP Specter.
I just got a new phone recently, an Android. Would that have anything to do with it?
09-16-2019 07:23 AM
@Chicago3, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Is the printer connected to the HP PC using a USB cable or an Ethernet cable?
Reconnect the cable.
The android phone has nothing to do with this. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee