Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
MacBook Air 13-inch (Mid 2013)
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello hope you guys can help me. (first time in this support page)

My HP photosmart 5525 wont print in colours. I have tried everything from changing the cartridges to allingment, cleaning... everything!

I have already checked all the options even the setting in all my devices, but nothing seems to make it print back in colours. 

Any help will be greatly appreciate it before I pull the the plug on HP and get a different printer.

Thanks in advance

Andres

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Andres761

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• At first, try making a color copy on the printer and check if that works. Place a color document on the scanner glass and select the copy option on the printer screen to check the hardware functionality of the printer. If it works fine, proceed to the next step.

Step 1: Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Step 2: Add the printer using AirPrint drivers.

Click here to know how to Update software on Mac 

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
  2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.
  3. If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.
  4. Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.
  5. Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.
  6. Select AirPrint from the Use menu
  7. Try to print and scan.

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Kumar0307

well my printers is not making colour copies... im suspecting something wrong with the printer irself

HP Recommended

@Andres761

I'm afraid this is a possible hardware failure with the printhead of the printer. 

If you have performed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this document and the issue still persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware failure:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.