03-20-2017 03:30 PM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer and would like to know how to reset it. I'll d my best to help you here
I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- What is the reason you want to reset the printer? Could you elaborate on the issue you're facing?
- Is the printer screen not working?
Meanwhile, please perform a hard reset on the printer and let me know:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
Keep me posted. I'm always here to help. Cheers!
I am an HP Employee
If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
03-22-2017 12:40 AM
Well I don't use it always but it just didn't want to touch on the right side of the Menu tray , but the left side works or touches just okay . So thats why I thought if I reset it it shall be okay because the last time I used it , it was okay and working well . Thanks for the reply and will try to do just that and will tell the progress , take care .
03-22-2017 02:31 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Try the above-mentioned steps whenever you find the time and share the progress.
I will be more than glad to assist you.
I am an HP Employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!