Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 930C
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

Hello.

I've got a problem. Can't get my printer working. All I can find in the net is about stuck print queue. But i have something different. I set up my printer, then try to test printing and nothing happened. I saw file in queue window. It was looking absolutely as if everything was fine. But printer did not work. Is there something that can go wrong between printing queue and printer itself?

The same printer works with another pc absolutely perfect.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@L__

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet 930c Printer and is installed on Win8. The print acts as though it will print but nothing happens and paper does not feed in. The printer works fine from another PC. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. I'll do my best to assist you here.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Do you see the print jobs stuck in the print queue or do the print jobs disappear from the print queue later?
  • What is the operating system on the other PC from there the printer prints fine?
  • How did you install the printer drivers for Win8 (downloaded from HP website or from somewhere else)?

Meanwhile, I did some research and found that there are no full featured drivers available for Win8 for this printer. Maybe due to the lack of the complete drivers the printer is not printing. However, I have a workaround and suggest you to perform the following steps:

• Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. The HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free tool for Windows to help resolve printing and scanning problems. 

If the issue still persists then we can try to install the Windows inbuilt drivers and that should help. This link will provide you the detailed steps to install Windows inbuilt drivers for your printer: http://hp.care/2bYE4kP

NOTE: When you get the list of printer drivers to choose from, please select HP Deskjet 990c as your printer and install the drivers for it. These drivers should work fine. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for the answer.

I can see print job in print queue window,  it appears and disappears. If printing file has many pages then even shows how many pades have printed....

About Hp utilites: Hp print and Scan doctor. I've tied them today - no luck.

Thank you for the link for inbuild driver, i'll try it, and than let you know about my results.

Another systems  where are everything ok  win 8 64bit and win 10 64 bit.

HP Recommended

@L__

You're welcome. 🙂

Sure, let me know what happens. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello again.

Tried to set up one more time.

Deleted all that i create previously in "devices and printers".

Then connected through usb printer to pc. Printer installed as Hp Deskjet 930c/932c/935c. Tried to do test print -nothing.

Also  tried manually create printer Deskjet 990c using "add printer" . Still nothing. In queue all the same: print job appears then disappears.

Any other suggestings?

HP Recommended

Just discover that i have some incompatibility: printer usb 2.0 and pc usb 3.0. May be all problems is from here....

HP Recommended

@L__

Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting this issue. 🙂

Though your computer has USB 3.0, it will still work because USB 3.0 is backward compatible with older devices.

I suggest you to try the same steps to install the inbuilt printer drivers but this time choose Hp Deskjet 930c and install it like you did the last time for 990c.

Still, if the printer does not print then try Deskjet 9800 series printer drivers.

Let me know. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Tried. No luck. 😞

I think there is some kind of hardware incombatibity. Anyway, thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

@L__

You're most welcome. I appreciate your efforts in resolving this issue. 

I suggest you to contact our HP phone support once last time because they do have an option to take remote access of your computer and troubleshoot the issue for you. There could be something that may be blocking the installation which we are unable to figure out at the moment.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Take care! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.