Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
B2L57C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I am experiencing a problem with my hp deskjet 1515. Yesterday, my printer suddenly won't turn on. I checked the adapter if it is properly connected to the printer and it was. I also tried plugging the adapter in other power outlets but it didn't work out. There is an indicator light in the adapter and whenever I plug the printer, the power button will turn light on for a moment then disappear. I can see a dim light in the power button. I have tried removing the adapter, then connect it in the printer again but it didn't work out. When my printer is plugged in, when I open the printer access door, the cartridge won't go in the center. Do I need to purchase a new adapter?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @AbbyPH, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues powering on your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

Test the printer Power button

Plug the printer into a working wall outlet, and then test the Power button on the printer.

1.Make sure the power cord is connected to the rear of the printer and is plugged directly into a wall outlet.

2.Press and release the Power button to start a Power On/Off cycle. Do not hold the button down.

   note:

If you press and hold the Power button too long, the printer might turn on and then off without restarting. If this happens, press and quickly release the Power button again.

3.If the printer does not turn on, wait 10 seconds, and then press the Power button again.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot no power issues with your printer.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, it is a hardware issue with your printer.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I'm sorry I already did that even before. It didn't work that's why I am seeking for other solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, @AbbyPH

Thanks for the update!

It looks like a hardware issue with the printer. I'd suggest you contact the HP phone support to get the printer service options. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.