Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help, step by step if possible to get my Alexa to print. I have trying several times to get the printer claim code but the directions do not work. Any help is appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @MFCL2750DW

MFCL2750DW is a Brother printer and not HP. 

Product support link - https://www.brother-usa.com/support/mfcl2750dw

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

@SteveW612 Greetings from the HP Community!

Start with this article: Click here (please ensure you follow the steps 2, 3, 5 & 6)

Also, try to remove web services and then re-enable web services, most of the time it works.
turn off the web services using this link: Click here - Restart the printer and then, turn in back on using this link: Click here

Here are few important Links - HP Printers - Enrolling in HP Instant Ink - Click here (detailed steps)
Here's another document - please follow step 2 and 3. HP Printers - Setting Up an HP Connected Account: Click here
Step 3: Obtain the printer claim code

Here's a Forums post which seems to have helped others: Click here to check out this related post

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Not one of these helped. I do not have Web Services when I type my IP Address in, I have an MFCL2750DW model, so Web Services is not an option. 

HP Recommended

@SteveW612 Where are you typing your IP address into? Could you share a screenshot of that display or perhaps, be more elaborate? so we can help you accordingly?

Also, here's an FAQ that should help: click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sure, here is the picture. ]

I am using Chromo and typing the IP address to launch the printer 

ipaddress.JPG

HP Recommended

@SteveW612 Alright, I see what you mean, you will need to ensure you are on the same network as the printer is on, for it to work,

With that said, use the below steps by steps guide to resolve this issue:

1. Send a test print job from any device on your network to make sure the printer is connected and can print.

NOTE: 

You cannot use Web Services or get your Printer Claim Code if your printer is not connected to your wireless network. A USB connection does not work.

2. Type the printer IP address into a web browser on any device connected to your network to open the printer's built-in website.

To find your printer IP address:

• From the touchscreen control panel: Touch the Wireless icon .

• From the HP Smart app: Click Printer Settings, and then click Printer Information.

• From the printed network report: Press the Information button to print an information page.

3. From the printer website, find the Web Services menu, and then click Print Info Page or Print Information Sheet.

4. Find the Printer Code or Printer Claim Code on the page that prints.

If the information page only has the printer's email address, remove and then re-enable Web Services. A new information page prints with the Claim Code.

5. Add your printer to an HP Smart account using the Printer Claim Code.

If an Invalid Claim Code or other error message displays, remove and then re-enable Web Services before trying again.

For more detailed steps and troubleshooting options, go to Printer Claim Process and FAQs.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can’t get to Web Service. That’s the issue. And the printer is on wireless and on the same network 

HP Recommended

Hi @SteveW612

Are you using a Brother Monochrome All-in-One Wireless Laser Printer to print? Please contact the Brother Support team, they should be able to help you further. 

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok so I figured something out. I realize that the Print Code was park of the email on the print test screen. For me it was , for example xxdddxxdd@example.com. 
so I used the xxdddxxddd to type the code in at the Print Code section and still didn’t work. I didn’t get a error saying it was wrong, just did not do anything 

How do I contact the support team?

HP Recommended

@SteveW612

Are you using an HP printer? 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.