Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4500 Wireless Printer

I bought a new computer with Microsoft 10 (not sure of the bit size, and I have an HP Officejet 4500 Wireless printer that I am unable to locate the CD, so am unable to install my printer.  Are you able to help me install my printer on my new computer?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@CMcCuen1

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You can download the drivers from here and install it: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4500-all-in-one-printer-series-g510/39...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for providing the reinstall download; however, it began the download that said it would take about 3 minutes, but never got to the Install portion.  It did have two options as noted below:

Choose a different product

Choose a different OS

I'm not sure what I may have done incorrectly, or what, but it just never got to the point of install.

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cynthia McCuen

HP Recommended

Hi.  I was finally able to get the download to start working, but after two tries it shows failed/network error.  Not sure what the issue is.

I am on a wifi system as I live in the country and have to work with satelite reception, etc.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Let's restore the printer's network settings:

Select Setup, select Network, and then select Restore Network Defaults

Once done, connect the Printer to the Wi-Fi: On the device control panel, press the Setup button. 2. Press an arrow button to move to Wireless Menu, and then press OK. 3. Press an arrow button to move to Setup Wizard, and then press OK. 4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

And then run the software on your Computer again.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.