Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2130
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello,

I just bought a new HP  Deskjet 2130 All-in-one.

The problem is I can't print a document from the PC.

Tried pdf and doc, it shows that it sends it to the printer, but progress remains at 0% and then the window closes and it does nothing.

Can't print the test page. If I continue with the troubleshooter, it detects that the printer isn't connected to a homegroup.

Even if I fix the problem it doesn't work.

Printer is set to default and is online.

What works: I can scan and copy a page. I can also print the diagnostic page.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@zappa89,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print from your computer to your HP DeskJet 2130 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the drivers are not configured properly.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link to setup the printer: USB Printer Setup (Windows)

Also, note that this printer can be connected only via USB cable from the printer to the computer. 

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I've reinstalled the drivers using the steps in the provided link. Also looked a this tutorial on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUINsXZ3V1Q

It's the same, it doesn't send the the document to print, the print jobs window is empty.

Also tried the test page and again it says it couldn't print and recommends the troubleshooter, and again the conect to homegroup issue appears.

I would like to add that my PC is also from HP, it is the HP Compaq 6200 Pro MT. Could there be a problem from some missing updates or drivers for the system itself. I'm guessing the motherboard is made by HP also. Also the Windows 7 32-bit was allready installed from factory and not by the vendor.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@zappa89,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print from your HP DeskJet 2130 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the drivers are not installed or configured properly.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue. 

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Printer is Offline (Windows)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.