Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My new HP Envy 4512 printer shows as a printer on my network but won't connect to WIFI on my Mac Computers or iPhone7 Plus.  (Doesn't show as a listed printer if I want to print a document.)  MAC OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

I called my local ISP but they weren't able to help me; said Apple/Mac no longer supports ISP providers? They don't know apple enough to navigate me through to the fix.  My network password under Keychain Access for Wireless does not take my password either.  I am very confused and would appreciate help setting up this new printer.  Thanks.  I have an Airport Router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@zuriel7

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Envy 4512 Printer. I understand that you are unable to connect the printer to the wireless network and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Manually connect the printer to your network.

Reset the print system.

1. Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.

2. Depending on your version of OS X, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

3. Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, then click Reset printing system.

Figure : Resetting the print system

Resetting the print system
  4. Click Reset in the confirmation window.

5. Enter the Administrator name and password, then click OK.

6. Wait for the printing system to reset. When complete, no printers should display in the list.

7. Try installing the HP software again.

Uninstall and reinstall the HP software.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@zuriel7

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Envy 4512 Printer. I understand that you are unable to connect the printer to the wireless network and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Manually connect the printer to your network.

Reset the print system.

1. Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.

2. Depending on your version of OS X, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

3. Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, then click Reset printing system.

Figure : Resetting the print system

Resetting the print system
  4. Click Reset in the confirmation window.

5. Enter the Administrator name and password, then click OK.

6. Wait for the printing system to reset. When complete, no printers should display in the list.

7. Try installing the HP software again.

Uninstall and reinstall the HP software.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for the help.  I actually didn't have to go through your suggested fix.  I recalled my wifi password had changed, and once I entered it manually on the printer wifi setup wizard itself, it took it finally and I am all set.  Thanks again for the help.  Maybe it will help someone else who has the same issues.  

HP Recommended

@zuriel7

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that the issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in feature, if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.