Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C4750
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I find no driver of HP Photosmart C4750 for Mac OS 10.12 Sierra, and I can only install the driver which the MacBook Air provided but it only good for printing function, I can't use the scanner function. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ActonKWAN

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are unable to use scanner function on your printer with Mac OS. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

• Download and install the HP Easy Scan app (in English) from the App Store.
  • If the app does not automatically open, search the Mac for scan, then click HP Easy Scan in the list of results.
  • Place the document or photo printed side down on the scanner glass, then close the scanner lid.
  • If your printer has an automatic document feeder (ADF), you can use it to scan multiple page documents at one time. Do not load photos in the ADF to prevent damage to the photos and the printer.
  • In HP Easy Scan, select your printer name from the Scanner drop down menu.
  • Select your scan type from the Presets menu.
  • To change any basic settings to the preset you selected, click Edit Settings.
  • Click Scan.
  • Click Scan Next Item to add additional pages, or click Done.
  • Click the thumbnail version of the scanned item in the left panel. The item displays in the right preview pane.
  • Click Edit to adjust colors, straighten the scan, or crop the size.
  • To save your scans to a folder on the Mac, click Send in the bottom right corner of the window, then click Folder.
  • In the window that displays, click the Where menu to browse to the folder you want to save the file to, then click Save.
  • To view your scan, open the folder in which you saved the scan, then double-click the file.

Click here to download the Easy scan app and to refer the steps mentioned above.

Click here to know how to install the Mac printer driver.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ActonKWAN

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are unable to use scanner function on your printer with Mac OS. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

• Download and install the HP Easy Scan app (in English) from the App Store.
  • If the app does not automatically open, search the Mac for scan, then click HP Easy Scan in the list of results.
  • Place the document or photo printed side down on the scanner glass, then close the scanner lid.
  • If your printer has an automatic document feeder (ADF), you can use it to scan multiple page documents at one time. Do not load photos in the ADF to prevent damage to the photos and the printer.
  • In HP Easy Scan, select your printer name from the Scanner drop down menu.
  • Select your scan type from the Presets menu.
  • To change any basic settings to the preset you selected, click Edit Settings.
  • Click Scan.
  • Click Scan Next Item to add additional pages, or click Done.
  • Click the thumbnail version of the scanned item in the left panel. The item displays in the right preview pane.
  • Click Edit to adjust colors, straighten the scan, or crop the size.
  • To save your scans to a folder on the Mac, click Send in the bottom right corner of the window, then click Folder.
  • In the window that displays, click the Where menu to browse to the folder you want to save the file to, then click Save.
  • To view your scan, open the folder in which you saved the scan, then double-click the file.

Click here to download the Easy scan app and to refer the steps mentioned above.

Click here to know how to install the Mac printer driver.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.