Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C4340 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

After many years I was still using my "old" HP Photosmart C4340 All-in-One by means of the HP Solution Center installed in my previous computer. Now I changed computer and -while able to print after using the "HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows"-, I cannot scan since the printer-scanner cannot see the computer and the computer does not have the HP Solution Center in order to trigger the scanning.

It seems that the printer is too old, but it was working great until now (HP Cartridges still being sold), so I don´t see the need to buy a new one.

Anyone aware of how can I install the HP Solution center?

Thanks in advance for your support!

MV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@maverde,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to find the full feature software for Windows 10.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you download and install the full feature software for your printer from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL30106/mp-109142-2/PS_AIO_03_C4340_Nonnet_Full_Win_WW_14...

NOTE: If you get any error while installing, run the set up in compatibility mode.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@maverde,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to find the full feature software for Windows 10.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you download and install the full feature software for your printer from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL30106/mp-109142-2/PS_AIO_03_C4340_Nonnet_Full_Win_WW_14...

NOTE: If you get any error while installing, run the set up in compatibility mode.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot! I couldn´t find that sw anywhere. My HP printer/scanner is back in full action!

HP Recommended

@maverde,

Thanks for the reply,

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service. 

I'm glad that the printer is working fine.

Please feel free to get back to us for any technical queries.

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons on The_Fossette 's post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.