Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I just purchased the HP 6230 after my other HP printer broke. Yes unlucky ha!

I purchased the 6230 because I need wireless connection but on setup it couldn't locate any wireless. My computer is connected and working fine. I tried 5 different ways of installing and 1 hour of stuffing around.  I use Windows 7 and the printer will connect using USB but still no wireless. Uninstalled, reinstalled etc etc etc but nothing. Can anyone help. Its been a frustrating experience. HP have no customer support I can call so you guys are my last option.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Justin6230

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are unable to set up a wireless connection on the printer.

As you are able to connect the printer using USB, you can convert it as the Wireless connection.

• To change from a USB connection to a wireless network, follow the below steps.
  • Click the down arrow in lower left corner of the Start screen, select the printer name, and then click Utilities.
  • Click Printer Setup & Software.
  • Select Convert a USB connected printer to wireless. Follow the on-screen instructions.

You can also refer page no.44 for more options to setup wireless connection on the printer:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I tried all that and it didn't work. I spent an hour and tried all the ways.  Does HP have no support service.

My last printer broke down after doing less that 500 prints and now this one doesn't connect properly and there is nobody to support.

How can I contact HP so that I can talk through this problem?

HP Recommended

@Justin6230

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.