Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
HoPla Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No connection between my computer and the scanner

CC430A
Linux

Installed already four times the connection between the computer (on Linux) and the printer with this: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CUPS. It works around 2 monthes then the printer doesn't want to scan any more. The message is "Failed to scan, unable to connect to scanner".

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES
Intern
Intern
38 2 3
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi HoPla, I use openSUSE linux but I'm no hardware genius, just know a trick or two. For scanning with SANE (front-ends include XSANE, SimpleScan, or Skanlite), you need to make sure tha the line hpaio is uncommented (remove the number sign) in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf. Since your scanner worked for 2 months, this must have been true at the time, but perhaps the modified file was over-written during an update. 

Failing that, open the hp-toolbox (should be in menu under system), select the multi-function device, and if it has an http-based interface, you'll see the link to it on one of the tabs. Then you should be able to scan to pdf from that interface, even if SANE isn't working. 

Good luck, 

GEF

Tags (1)
HoPla Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you gfagan. The firs solution had already been done without positive effect (by my computer assistant). Finally I was able to find out your second proposition (my computer assistant said that I did so) and it worked. I went on HP Device Manager and made Install required Plugin and this is the command that doesn't last in the time but at least now I know how to do it again next time.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
38 2 3
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're welcome and I'm glad you got a functional if not an elegant solution. I'm not one of the HP experts but lately I try to answer threads where daily-use experience with linux could be helpful. -GEF

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation