Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 5255
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello All,

Purchased the HP OfficeJet 5255 on 26 Aug. Install went perfect and was very easy. Today, 31 Aug I tried to print an Excel document in color. I looked at the presets and there is no option to select color, just black and white along with black and white-draft. 

1. Downlowded the IOS driver HP Smart 3.6 package and installed. Restarted the computer (2014 27" iMac) and still no option to print in color.

2. Downloaded the latest Firmware update from the HP Support site and it will not install. It sits and spins. At 15 minutes, I canceled. Twice I have repeated this to no avail.

If anyone has had the same issue and has the solution, I hope to hear from you. 

Kind regards to all...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Alexa_7

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

To better assist you - Are you experiencing this issue while printing from other applications too? 

I'd suggest try updating the Microsoft Office application -

1) Open any Office application such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook.

2) On the top menu, go to Help > Check for Updates.

Note: If you don't see Check for Updates on the Help menu, download the latest version of the Microsoft AutoUpdate tool. Run the tool and then start over at step 1. The Check for Updates option now appears on the Help menu.

You may also refer to - HP Printers - Print Settings Guide (Mac)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Alexa_7

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

To better assist you - Are you experiencing this issue while printing from other applications too? 

I'd suggest try updating the Microsoft Office application -

1) Open any Office application such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook.

2) On the top menu, go to Help > Check for Updates.

Note: If you don't see Check for Updates on the Help menu, download the latest version of the Microsoft AutoUpdate tool. Run the tool and then start over at step 1. The Check for Updates option now appears on the Help menu.

You may also refer to - HP Printers - Print Settings Guide (Mac)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Goodmorning,

Actually, I checked for Microsoft updates and updated, also updated my OS. Still no joy. I was using a USB cable so switched to wireless, deleted the old printer settings, installed the wireless and voila!!!  Now I can print in color. Before I switched to wireless, I was having a paused note then during the process of updating, noticed it said Bonjour malfunction with the USB cable.

Bottom line, all is well now. Thanks for your assistance. Have a lovely day. Alexa

HP Recommended

@Alexa_7

That's great! Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.