Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Once the installation file "LJM1130_M1210MFP_Full_Solution.exe" downloads and runs the extraction, it simply closes and nothing happens. 

I've removed the printer from my Printers & scanners settings, and used printui.exe /s to remove HP printer drivers on the computer and still no success. I've tried all of this with the printer connected by USB and with it not connected by USB. Still no success. 

I found a related post, however it did not work for me. I've been trying to install this printer wirelessly for the past 2 days however I can't move beyond this point.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,
Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.

Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Double click HpSetup.exe and follow the installation.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Solved

LJM1130_M1210_MFP_Full_Solution.exe had been working just fine for a year on a number of my Win 10 installations.  Then suddenly it extracts and stops when progress bar hits 100%. (Thanks a heap Windows 10 updates.)

I tried extracting with unzip software (I used 7zip) and then ran HPsetup.exe from the folder where I put that extraction. 

It started an extraction too,  (again?!)  and then ended once again as the progress bar hit 100%.  Foiled again.

Finally I located the original extractions default location in the %temp% folder.  Actually there were quite a few extractions there at this point since I had tried so many times.  From one of those extractions I found HPSetup.exe and ran it.  And this time it worked. Printer driver is installed.  

Now I have to wonder why it wouldn't run from the folder where I unzipped it with 7zip but same file would run in the 7s... folder in %temp% ?

As I write this Win 10 is nagging me to reboot for yet another update.  I'm so tired of these updates.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. 🙂 :ThumbUp:

HP Recommended

This worked for me to get the printer printing, but the pc still cannot communicate with it when I attempt to scan.  Any other tricks?

HP Recommended

Thank you so much 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have problem like above. Tested the %temp%, found the latest dir and tried to run the HPSetup.exe file.

Nothing. Tested "Open as admin" then i got a pop up, said run or OK.

Nothing, again.

Any ideas? Runing on WIndows 7
BR Lars

HP Recommended

There is no file even close to what you describe should be in the temp folder. this did not resolve my issue

HP Recommended

If you did the FULL installation then your should have an app in the All Apps HP folder called Scan to.

To find the HPfolder I am talking about click on Windows button in the bottom left.

Move up to the top left of the Start Screen and find ALL Apps.  Click on that.

Now you have a list of all the apps in alphabetical order.  Find HP.  Find Scan To.

Scan To should allow you to scan using your HP printer.

Another way:  Full install creates a driver called a Twain.  This is an industry standard 

scanning interface that many softwares recognize.  I use GIMP which is free.  Using GIMP I click on File/Create/Scanner/Camera. A list of all your scanner interfaces will appear.  Some are Twains, some are not.  Find the one with the words for your printer and the word Twain.  That should start the twain interface window and a preview image and once you accept that image it will put the image into GIMP.  Then you can use all the GIMP features to make the image better to print. 

HP Recommended

The temp folder is the %temp% folder.

%temp% = C:\Users\[myusername]\AppData\Local\Temp

Open File Explorer.  Type in the address bar %temp%. That should get you there.

Or Click Windows button at bottom left of screen.  The Start Menu will open.  Type %temp%.

That will bring up a list of things it finds.  The best match is the %temp% File Folder.

Looks for folders like 7z or 7s.  It should contain all the unzipped files from when you tried to run the HP FULL Install.

If you don't find such a folder run the HP FULL install again until it bombs out and quits.  Then look for that folder again.  In my frustration I ran it about 10 times and I had ten folders with similar names that all contained all the unzipped files.

BTW, Now that I have researched this all a bit more I am guessing that perhaps the whole problem is the HP FULL Install needs to be run as administrator.  I may have to try that.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.