09-13-2018 05:36 PM
Does the HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP 281fdw come with OCR software? I am using a Macbook with MacOS 10.13.6 and the software downloads for the printer doesn't list any drivers or any software available for that OS.
The support page for Readiris states (http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/608037-0-0-39-121.html#4😞
- All-in-One printers: If you would like print, copy, and fax capabilities along with the ability to use OCR when scanning, try the HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-in-One printer or the HP Officejet J4580 All-in-One printer.
So I don't know if Readiris works with the MFP 281fdw. If not, what software would support that printer?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-14-2018 12:32 AM
First install the printer essential software and HP Easy Scan by following HP Easy Start utility:
The HP Easy Scan app offers basic OCR capabiltieis within the software.
Once these are installed you may also download and install Readiris Pro 15 for HP from the 32 party application section of the same page, with the full software installed first Readiris Pro will be licensed for a single computer.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
06-18-2019 08:12 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!