Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OJP8710_1910A.exe (firmware update utility) does not find my printer

Officejet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I prefer to update firmware from downoaded copies rather than directly from the web.  I downloaded OJP8710_1910A.exe and ran it, but it does not find my printer.  The printer is Ethernet attached.  The printer is working fine and has been used today from two different Windows computers so I know Windows has no trouble finding and communicating with it.  Does the utility have trouble finding printers on a LAN?

2 REPLIES 2
PhD Student
PhD Student
698 695 60 113
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It should not but there is always a possiblity that your firewall or network settings are block communication, or that the printer has firmware updates disabled, Check the Embedded Web Server to make sure that local firmware updates are allowed.

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1946 1942 206 257
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The only thing you will do with this firmware is to prevent printers usage of non-genuine ink cartridges present if installed of future if you intend to use non-genuine ink cartridges one day.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation