Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PageWide Color MFP E77650
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I am currently deploying the following printer in our company: HP PageWide Color MFP E77650 and everything is working perfectly on our windows computers because of our printer server and so on. My main problem is getting the drivers for OS X since the only program available for drivers is HP easy start, which requires that both the printer and computer are on the same network. My clients are on one Vlan while the printers are on another Vlan. I can add the printer no problem by using the default pcl drivers in OS X but it will only print in  black and white, and no chances of doing advanced settings.

Is there a way to download the drivers for (offline) installations like a full driver package like on a Windows pc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solutions are marked by users.  Not myself or admins.  But I will see if we can get that changed.

The real answer is HP Easy Admin.

It is a solution for Enterprise Admins that allows you to always get the latest software but does not require a connection to the printer.  You simply start typing the product name into the search field and then select the appropriate name (there must be a match for the look up to work) and directly download the Essentials Software.

You can get it here.  Admins please give it a try.

Here is the documentation around using the tool.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Sent you a Private Message with link to the pkg download

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Why are the drivers not readily available on the download page? i lost over a workday trying to find a different solution to this problem.

HP Recommended

i had the same Problem, we use an Printserver with SafeCom and i need the driver that i can set advanced Settings. 

HP Recommended

@IronBadger wrote:

Sent you a Private Message with link to the pkg download

@hey @IronBadger, Could you send me the link too please?  We are having the exact same issue and cannot use the HP Easy Start as we need to mass deploy it.

Thanks

Shane

HP Recommended

I also have the exact same problem. Could you please send me the macos High Sierra driver as well?

HP Recommended

@o_0 wrote:

I also have the exact same problem. Could you please send me the macos High Sierra driver as well?

I'll PM you

HP Recommended

I also have this issue. Trying to setup a Mac to print to a direct print queue on our print server has been difficult. Could somone PM me the driver as well.

HP Recommended
Driver on way
HP Recommended

Can you also send me a link to download  the mac drivers?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.