Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035

Recently, when prompted to print any document (in this instance, a PDF), it is not printing that document but rather printing what looks to be some sort of code or file destination. pic 1.jpgpic 2.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @JRYAN0783

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Which device are you trying to print from?
  • Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like Word, or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It was printing fine from my mobile, but it was printing like that from my laptop (Dell Latitude 7490). It was printing that way from Word, Adobe, Excel, and webpages. I uninstalled it on my computer and them installed it again, and it seems to be working so far. 

The initial issue was on a 25 page document through Adobe. It printed out multiple pages like the pictures in my original post, along with 3-4 blank pages for every one page with ink. I cancelled the job and then attempted to print just one page. It printed 3 or 4 of the "code" pages, along with 8 or 9 blank pages before I cancelled that job. I proceeded to attempt to print through the various applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe, webpage), but only one page at a time. When those failed, I printed the test pages, and those printed just fine. The problem only occurred when I attempted to print from an application from the computer. 

HP Recommended

@JRYAN0783

Thank you for the information. This seems like a driver issue. Reinstalling the printer driver may resolve this issue.

Glad to know that you have tried it already and it is working fine now.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.