02-12-2018 02:38 PM
Before Sierra my 8600 worked fully with my iMac. Then, once Sierra and then High Sierra came along, the 8600 prints just PRINTS fine BUT will NOT take a SCAN from the 8600. Any suggestions?
02-13-2018 04:12 PM
Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a fantastic location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!
I see that you are having issues while scanning using the LaserJet and your MAC. Try the steps below to try and fix the issue:
- Uninstall the old printer drivers first. Follow the steps mentioned here:http://hp.care/2cKwLyC
- Now run the Apple Software Update. Check here for steps:http://hp.care/2cNgw3C
- Also, remove the HP Easy Scan.
- Restart your computer and printer.
- Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
- Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
- Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
- Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
- Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.
- Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
- Restart your computer and then go back to System preferences – Printers and scanners.
- Click the “Add button” (+).
- Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
- Click “Print Using...” or “Use”, and then select Secure AirPrint or AirPrint. Alternatively, you may select the name of your printer if available in that list.
Now, try installing the HP Easy scan and check. You can go to http://hp.care/2c8ckuS to get detailed instructions. You can also download and install the HP Easy scan app from the same document if not installed already.
Let me know if those steps worked for you.
If they did, that’s awesome!
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
I am an HP Employee