Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just purchase the HP 3830. The printer is installed and connected to my home network. I cannot install and use the printer wireless on any of my computers. I am trying to install the printer on 2 desktops (ethernet) and 1 laptop (wireless). Under no circumstances can any of the computers find the printer when trying to install the printer software.  The wireless connect light is on solid and there is an ip address displayed along with wifi status showing excellent. I have uninstalled several times per suggestions in these forums and tried all the fixes to no avail. I also tried the HP Print and Scan Doctor with not help.

I have also disabled my firewall with no improvement or success.

The printer shows up on the same network as all of my devices when viewing in HP Print and Scan Doctor. This shouldn't be that hard in this day and age.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@HEMICRO

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You can have the Printer either connected Wirelessly or via the Ethernet at a time.

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have now managed to access the printer using wireless. I had used the solution you suggested numerous times over a period of two solid days, over and over again. I am still not sure how I got it to work, but here is what I did as a last resort. I had been unable to access the  printer using the ip address, so after the last removal and re-install, I chose to complete the software install without trying to connect to the printer wirelessly. I then was able to access the printer ip address and install that way. The first computer I tried, installed as "HP Officejet-3830 series-(network). The other 2 computers installed as "HPEE0140 (HP Officejet 3830 series). I am not sure what the difference is, or if the printer is installed correctly on the last 2 printers, but I am able to access the printer now and print to it from all 3 computers. In this day and age I did not expect the extreme difficulty connecting to a wireless printer. I fancy myself as somewhat computer savvy, but this install tested my limits!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.