Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet-4630 e-all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer and/or scanner displays an offline message despite the fact that I have completed every troubleshooting task I have been given.  Sometimes it goes offline after each printing job, sometimes at the end of the day...it just randomly goes offline.  Connection is a wireless router, and I also have hpconnected.  This problem seems to have begun since I started with hpconnected, and it's becoming worse instead of better.  My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite and was bought in December 2015.  I had the printer several years before I got the new laptop.  I've installed every update and new drivers, uninstalled and installed software, etc.  I have done EVERYTHING advised.  Is this problem inherent in every all-in-one printer? Do I need to buy a new printer?  I am desperate to have this problem fixed.  I'm wasting hours each day with this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you

HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing problems. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor  to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.
  1. On the desktop, double-click the HP Print and Scan Doctor icon to open the tool.
  2. Click Start on the Welcome screen.
  3. Select your printer, and then click Next.
    The Finding and Fixing Problems screen displays.
    Figure : Select your printer
    Select your printer
  4. Click Fix Printing.
  5. In the HP Print and Scan Doctor results screen, view the list of actionable results.
    Figure : Example of the results screen with a problem detected
    Example of the results screen with a problem detected
    • If you see white checkmarks , the printer passed the tests. Click Test Print or click Skip.
    • If you see a white wrench , Print and Scan Doctor found an issue and repaired it. Click Test Print or click Skip.
    • If you see yellow exclamation points , the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped. Click Test Print or click Skip.  

PLEASE VISIT THIS WEB LINK TO KNOW MORE DETAILS 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-5600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/6583033/model/6658165/d...

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my    efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying.  I have done absolutely everthing advised and ultimately I get the message that it's a software problem that cannot be solved.  I downloaded and installed the new software, but nothing was fixed.  I don't know what else to do or try.

HP Recommended

Hi,

This would be the last fix 

SET A STATIC IP and ADDING A TCP IP PORT>>

May i know have you done this.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  I decided to throw in the towel and order a new printer.  This time I ordered an Envy 5660 because I wasn't using and don't need a fax feature.  In the proccess of researching this problem, and seeing the message about the software being the problem (and I had already reinstalled the printer), I finally saw something here in the forum that advised if reinstalling didn't fix the problem there was no other alternative besides replacing the printer.    

Sometimes it's just better to replace something instead of spending weeks and countless hours trying to fix something. With the new printer I also ordered the 4 year protection plan.  

HP Recommended

I did set the static IP and it worked for about 20 minutes. At least I can say I tried to remedy the situation.  Thanks again, it helped to post in the forum.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.