Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet 6000 compatible printer or emulation

HP Officejet 6000
Microsoft Windows XP

If there a modern HP printer that offers OfficeJet 6000 emulation for an older medical device?  I have an older medical device, perhaps with a motorola processor that needs a USB printer.  I see that the OfficeJet 6000 is a PCL3GUI device.  What are my options for finding a printer that might work?

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
22894 4116 8619
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an older medical device, perhaps with a motorola processor that needs a USB printer. 

That quite an hard question without knowing your device capabilities.

Such devices usually have specific requirements. such as a PCL 5 printer for example in many cases, and it is impossible to answer youer question without knowing that device..

I suggest reviewing its documentation or contact its technical support and verify, as the device manufacture knows what print capabilities are supported or required by this device...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :)
0 Kudos
drbuzbee Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The technical information that I've been able to gleen about the medical device's printer compatibility is that it was last known compatible to the HP Officejet 6000.  My question is whether a current printer offers Officejet 6000 compatibility or emulation.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation