06-17-2019 09:30 AM
My Officejet is installed as a network printer and works fine on this computer with Windows 10 Pro version 1809. When I updated to Windows 10 Pro Spring (1903), the HP 8710 does not print and says that it has no print driver. I clicked repair and windows could not install a driver. Two Canon and one Brother printer work fine on the 1903 upgrade, just not the 8710 (which is the preferred default).
I think I will buy a Canon multifunction and get rid of the HP.
06-19-2019 10:22 AM
Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,
Let's try these steps here:
Let's run HP Print and Scan Doctor -
Click on this link to download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor
If the issue persists, Let's uninstall the printer from the root level and then reinstall it.
- Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP OfficeJet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Please click here to download and install the full feature software for this printer.
- In the connection type window, select “Wireless” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Let me know how it goes!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
06-19-2019 11:50 AM
I have previously done all of these stops on the HP workstation Z440. This is a big mystery, but I have finally given up on this printer. I have no issues with Canon or Brother printers on this computer; it may be a hardware issue (BIOS), but it happens after a clean install (hard disk partitions deleted). The printer works fine when Windows 10 1903 is first installed, but when it finishes a Windows update, the printer is gone and can not be reinstalled. I did a clean install of version 1809 of Windows 10, and the printer works fine, even after all 1809 updates. I then let Windows do the upgrade to 1903, and the print driver was gone and could not be reinstalled after following all of the steps you gave.
I give up. The HP printer is going to the trash and I have ordered a Canon color laser which I expect to work fine. I have sent this issue to Microsoft also, but it is no longer an issue for me.
06-19-2019 02:32 PM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.
I am an HP Employee