Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8740
Other

I'm trying to follow the directions from: Download firmware updates from the HP website  (https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8740-all-in-one-printer-series/7902055/documen...) to download the firmware from HP.  Can someone specificaly help indcate where to find what is outlined for Step 4?   This is rediculous.   Seems like there is no "Firmware" section to get updated firmware for my printer and I do NOT want to rely on the check from within the printer to get the update.  I prefer to download and update per this documentation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GaryTessman

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you need help finding the firmware for your printer,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check the HP website with the printer model name?

If you have and yet didn't find the firmware you were looking for, perhaps, you need to change the operating system and check again,

That said, Click here to find the list of drivers and firmware available for your printer

And you may Click here to download the latest firmware for your printer.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@GaryTessman

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you need help finding the firmware for your printer,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check the HP website with the printer model name?

If you have and yet didn't find the firmware you were looking for, perhaps, you need to change the operating system and check again,

That said, Click here to find the list of drivers and firmware available for your printer

And you may Click here to download the latest firmware for your printer.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher -

"Did you check the HP website with the printer model name?"  - of course I did, hence my complaint of not being able to find the firmware anywhere.  

The real issue is that it's not available on your website when your website auto-detects a Mac.  Only from a windows machine.  If I "change" to windows machine, then the firmware is available for download.

I think that's exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks a bunch!

~Gary

HP Recommended

@GaryTessman

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher -

Where may I find the list of the firmwares available for my printer?  Your website, and the link you sent me only give:

WEBPDLPP1N001.1709A.00 75.9 MB Mar 27, 2017

But my printer has:

Firmware Version WEBPDLPP1N001.1723C.00 Built Date 2017-06-09

Since this is a newer model printer, I'd like to see the full list of what's available with changelog.   Can you please help direct me to this list and where to find the version I have?  And what happened to that version not showing in your page?

Thanks,
Gary

HP Recommended

Thanks for not responding.  Months later, still have the same problesm.   The 8740 doesn't have any firmware updates for Mac Users - where is the software for this?  

Now that I am on on 1723C, I can't seem to get off of it. 

Firmware Version WEBPDLPP1N001.1723C.00 Built Date 2017-06-09

The OJ8730_8740_R1726D.exe says Not applicable when trying to update to WEBPDLPP1N001.1726D.00.

The Printer Firmware --> Tools --> Printer Updates --> Firmware Updates --> Check Now results in "The printer is up to date.  No new updates are available this time" when CLEARLY thats not the case.  WTH HP?!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.