Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

One year later.  Actually one year to the day when I posted on this forum looking for help about the SUDDEN high pitched noise coming from my HP 6835 printer.  It has begun again.  I'm flabbergasted as I wasn't sure when the previous occurance was, but I found the forum and when I first posted.  5/24/15.  

This afternoon the high pitched ANNOYING noise began again.  I suffered with this problem last year for 2 weeks until HP finally offered a firmware update that fixed it.  I find it strange that this is occuring exactly one year later.  

HP:  PLEASE do not waste my time this time.  Please offer solution.

HP Recommended

Hi,

thank you for the effort. But it didn´t solve the problem.

D.

HP Recommended

So sorry you are having this issue.  HP was very negligent and ignored everyone's pleas for help for some time.  Mine was resolved only to begin again, one year later and shortly after I'd purchased ($$) new print cartridges.  I'd always been an HP printer consumer, but no more.  I dumped the printer and purchased a Canon.  No problems since!

HP Recommended

No software or firmware update has solved the problem with my OfficeJet 5740. Going through the hackery that someone kindly posted above is not really a solution either. For it one does that then the printer never sleeps. That wastes power. Moreover, the printer's screen is on the whole time, which I dislike. This problem, together with the intrusive bloatware that, frankly, is HP software (though admittedly a 'basic' driver is available) mean that I will not buy HP again.

Those notifications about 'ranks' are pointless and irritating and hence cause ill will.
HP Recommended

@QuietSleepPls

Hello,
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. I recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/postpage

To be more helpful with your post, you may add key information if you wish:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A

2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit

3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows

4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.