Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So....the printer has been a bit temperamental across 2 computers (desktop and laptop -both also HP).Seem to have fixed the desktop however the laptop is the main issue ( kids homework!)

I've uninstalled...reinstalled at least 3 times and all events using hp print and scan doctor but to no avail. It will always print the test page fine (both on usb cable attached and wireless) but try to print a document saved on the laptop, then all you get is the error message in red below the printer name 'something went wrong'.

I'm baffled so any help appreciated

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thanks for reaching us.

It sounds familiar.  The issue could be due to the User profile settings changed.  We recommend to create a new user account from your windows,  login the PC with new user account and do printing. 

Hope it helps

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.