Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wireless connection.  Not aware of anything I did or changed.  Suddenly the printer is not connected to the network.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

To reconnect the printer to your network, use the Wireless Setup Wizard:

The Wireless Setup Wizard provides an easy way to set up and manage the wireless connection to your printer.
  1. On the printer control panel, touch the Right Arrow to display the second navigation screen.
  2. Touch the Setup icon .
  3. Touch Network, touch Wireless Setup Wizard, then touch Continue.
    Figure : Example of Network menu
    Image: Touch Wireless Setup Wizard
  4. Touch the name of your network in the list of available networks, then touch OK.
    Figure : Example of network names
    Image: Network names
  5. If the list does not contain your network name, touch Enter New Network Name, then follow the on-screen instructions to enter your network name.
  6. If prompted, type the WEP or WPA key (network password).
     NOTE:
    If a connection error message displays, make sure you typed the uppercase (capital) and lowercase (small) letters for the network name and password exactly. Follow the prompts to type the information again.

For continuous issues, see Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
Click the thumbs up + button to thank me. Mark Accepted Solution if I solved your inquiry.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.