1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Officejet Pro 8720 says npc computer found

Officejet Pro 8720
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have a Officejet Pro 8720. I use it with a 2018 Mac mini. When I first got it all setup the Officejet would scan to my computer no problem. Now for the past week it says no computer found. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. Once in awhile that will correct the issue until I shut down the computer and then try to to scan the next time I start everything up again. Then the same issue all over again. Anybody have any ideas. I can't use the printer/scanner doctor that HP has as it's only for windows.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,315 3,165 251 252
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Officejet Pro 8720 says npc computer found

@OLDMAN56, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Does the printing work fine?

Do you have any antivirus/security software installed on your computer?

Try uninstalling the HP Printer Software and reinstall it using AirPrint drivers.

• Disconnect the USB cable from the printer, if necessary.
  • Click Finder in the Dock.
  • In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, and then open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder.
  • If HP Uninstaller is in the folder, double click it to uninstall the software, and then skip to the step to prepare the printer for the driver installation.
  • If HP Uninstaller is not in the folder, continue to the next step.
  • Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.
  • In the menu bar, click Go, click Go to Folder, type /Library/Printers, and then click Go.
  • Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.
  • Right-click or Ctrl + click the Trash icon, and then select Empty Trash.
  • Prepare the printer for the driver installation. Make sure it is turned on, cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray.

Remove the printer-

Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners

Click the printer name, click the minus - sign to delete the printer.

Add the printer-

Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners

Click the plus + sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.

Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add

Download and install the HP Utility for Mac from here.

Now try scanning via HP Easy Start, ensure the Scan to Computer option is enabled within HP Utility and try scanning from the printer

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation