Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (113 Views)

Officejet installation software does not find wireless printer

Product Name: HP OfficeJet Pro 8610
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Officejet Pro 8610 that works fine on two PC's. I am trying connecting a third PC and have downloaded and ran OJ8610_198 .exe

When asked for connection options I click on wireless and get message that the printer cannot be detected. Even when I enter the IP adress the printer remains undiscovered. Both the PC and the Printer are connected to the same Router.

(I have reinstalled the software twice, have turned off the firewall, have restarted the printer and PC etc. )

How can I get my PC to detect the HP Officejet pro 8610 printer so I can complete the installation? 

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (107 Views)

Re: Officejet installation software does not find wireless printer

Hi,

Can you access the printer homepage by typing your printer IP into a web browser on your PC?

Have you tried rebooting your router? be sure to restart the printer too once teh internet connection returns and check again..

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (73 Views)

Hi,

I have tried to reboor the Router, Printer and PC. This did not fix the issue.

Yes, I can access the printer homepage by typing the printer ID into the web browser of my PC. I can also send a self test page to the printer that comes out OK.

How do i go from here?

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)

I tried connecting with the printer via ethernet cable and installation fails again.

HP instattaltion software seems clearly broken.

Can anybody give me a phone number of HP support desk so I can speak with a live person on the HP installation software issues?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation